Eggs contain a lot if protein which helps on building muscle. A single boiled egg contains 85 calories and 7 grams of protein. There are a lot of benefits that eggs has to offer that we may not now. In this article, we’re going to tackle 12 health benefits of consuming eggs every day.
It Boosts Your Immune System
- The immune system helps our body to fight against bacteria and viruses. And by eating eggs, it can help boost your immune system too. One large egg contains almost a quarter of selenium. A nutrient that supports the immune system and regulate thyroid hormones.
You’ll Get Manageable Levels of Cholesterol
- There are 2 types of cholesterol, the bad and the good. And some might say that eating too much eggs can make your cholesterol soar rocket high. But this isn’t the case since eggs contains good cholesterol instead of the bad one. So it’s okay to consume as much eggs as you want but just don’t overdo it.
It Can Help Reduce the Risk of Getting Heart Disease
- Bad cholesterol can clog our arteries which may lead to various heart conditions. However, LDL cholesterol contains 2 types of LDL particles; the small and large. The smaller ones are dangerous because it can lead to congestion of the arteries, while the large ones are good. By eating eggs, it can help promote the production of large LDL particles which can help reduce the risk of getting heart disease.
You’ll Gain More Energy
- A single egg contains 15% of Vitamin B12 which is also known as riboflavin. Riboflavin helps convert food into energy. Eating eggs can help you gain riboflavin to keep you going throughout the day.
You’ll Get Better Looking Skin and Hair
- B complex vitamins are good to make your hair, skin, and nails look good. Eggs contains a lot of B vitamins such as vitamin B12, B5, and B2.
It Helps Protect the Brain
- Eggs contain choline, one of the important ingredients to help function the neurotransmitters in the brain. Choline deficiency may lead to neurological problems. To prevent this, always include eggs in your daily meal to get enough amount of choline.
Eggs are Life Saver
- Our body can produce up to 11 amino acids that’s essential for our body. But there are actually 20 of these acids that our body needs. The good thing is, the remaining 9 of these acids are found in eggs.
You’ll Experience Less Stress and Anxiety
- Eating eggs which contains a lot of amino acids can help the secretion of serotonin, which can help reduce stress and anxiety.
Eggs Can Improve Eye Health
- Two of the amino acids that are found in eggs namely lutein and zeksantin can help your eyes. These two are found in the egg yolk. And by eating eggs regularly, it can help prevent the risk of getting eye diseases.
Your Bones and Teeth will be Stronger
- Eggs is a good source of Vitamin D which is important for both bones and teeth. Vitamin D helps on the absorption of calcium which is good for the bones and also for the heart.
The More You Eat, the More You Love
- Eggs contain a minimal amount of calories and also contains a lot of healthy compounds. So the more you eat, the more health benefits you’ll get.
It Can Help You Lose Weight
- With eggs, it’ll be easier to lose weight compared to eating other foods. So it’s important to add eggs to your diet in order to lose weight fast. Studies show that respondents who ate eggs for breakfast in the course of 8 weeks has lose weight compared to those who only have pastries for breakfast.